Tuesday 22 April 2008

6. Selection, Kerachut, Party, Hikathon, Mourning & Doughnuts

Friends & Families
The other title for this post would be SHANDY WITHDRAWAL
The song Drowning Pool - Tear Away just ended and Sum 41 - Still Waiting plays, I skipped it and Abba - S.O.S is playing.

For those who missed and already lazy to scroll down to read my post on Booby Trap, here it is. Lynn Anderson - Blue Bayou is playing now. And then... m*lei Samsons - Kenangan Yang Terindah.

UPDATE: For those who had read this post, be updated by looking for the sentences in white(except date and title). I think I am lazy to post photos and videos. But if I do, I will post update.

April 17th - MIAT Test & Interview Day
Venue is at Pejabat Mara. I wore my oversized long-sleeved shirt and slacks and brought with me my Free School tie(so proud of it, but I didn't wash it so there's dirty spots). Meet up with Jonathan. IQ test session. First 5 questions were English word meanings, next 5 were basic physics calculations and so on IQ related questions. There were 50 questions and we were expected to finish them in 30 minutes time...obviously we're not geniuses. I blindly shot last 10 questions due to insufficient time(I'm shaking inside, the room is soooo cold, even with long sleeves). Next is the interview. It went fine and there went my certified true copies of certificates to the lecturers. Later in the day, Hooi, Meng Jon and I went to Botanical Gardens to warm before our Kerachut trip. We ended up hiking up to Point 46. Jon almost got lost but come on, his muscles were not invisible to be spotted by passers-by. Our leg muscles were freaking pumped up. aha, I wore weights and hiked ok. We cancelled the Kerachut trip because of potong stim reasons but by 12am the trip was set to on again due to certain stim reasons.

[Avenged Sevenfold - Critical Acclaim just played followed by Charlie Clouser - Hello Zepp and now Boxcar Racer - There Is]

April 18th - Kerachut Hike & Beach Trip
Departed at 9.30am. Stopped by at 7Eleven to buy drinks and food for lunch. Chauffeur of the day is Mr. Ng Khang Yang driving a powerful manual transmission white legendary drifting Proton Saga who led us to the end of the world(yes, the name of the place is End of the World, at Teluk Bahang a few hundred metres from Muka Head). Hike started at 10.20am(can you imagine young men like Hooi, Jon and I actually hiked twice in 24 hours). Ended one hour later at 11.20am sharp. It's a first time hike for Ye-Wheen and he made it through without breaking a sweat(I'm so proud of him). Also the first time visit to Pantai Kerachut for Jon, Hooi and YW. erh, I don't need to put so much details here ok, just usual boys' beach activities. The highlights were Hooi's Divebombs, YW's headbang somersault(YW, you still doing it huh since ebod room days), my burial in sand with stick and fruits, Jon's Olympic swimming rounds and KY's saltwater drinking. YW actually did a real headbang somersault which landed him headfirst onto the seabed. As usual, he woke up laughing as if he watched Hannibal suffocating his victim underwater. I was the only one topless while leisuring at the beach. That also explained why I was the only smothered with very minor body sunburns. We found out our truths, we were afraid of crocodiles and anacondas. The walk back barefooted to our campsite was a trip to hell and back, the seemingly soft beach surface teemed with stove-hot boiled sand, shattered sea shells, spiky conifers and for me, my already hell-scarred foot sole(I had earlier ran through them and it's just like stepping on glass shards). Then, we had lunch. Bread, tuna, egg, luncheon meat, rollercoaster rings, nyonya kuih and pistachio nuts. After an hour or less of nap we left the beach by boat with a cost of RM10 per person back at 3.45pm. Headed to Restoran Padang Kota Lama(our lao ti fang) at esplanade to have our tea time. Mee Sotong, Coconut Shake Drink and Ais Kacang. Then, we moved our asses to Dewan Sri Pinang to meet some pretty girls(the girls of JKJK gang), YW and I actually needed the toilet too for some bladder and stomach action. So, a few slaps and shoutings occured, and then followed by hugs, aww... friendship just can't be certified without some hehe; even spanking a male friend approves friendship. ok, enough enough back. Back home.

Make your way to the Inner Sanctum and Nahhhh. for more details and different side of stories of our Kerachut trip. Wait if they haven't posted it up yet. If you would, then keep updated for this part of post I will change the links directly to their updates. There, here is Ye-Wheen's side of the Kerachut trip.

Cancelled - uploading of videos and photos.

[oh many songs played, Avenged Sevenfold - Beast & the Harlot playing now. And then Rage Against The Machine - Guerilla Radio]

April 19th - Yik Sean's House Warming Party (a.k.a nutmeg celebration hehe)
Slept till 12pm. Had cereal for breakfast. Had fried rice for lunch. Bathed. Back to sleep. (zzzzzz... fast-forwarded) There we were at Yik Sean's nutmeg estate eh no, I mean his house. A buffet party. I thought the food choices were not as many as you would see in hotel but the quality is top-notch for my taste. oh, my gang was me, YW, Hooi, Jon, Jonathan and Khang Yang. Why the gang? Why the segregation when we are all friends? I mean, you can see boys mix with boys only and girls at another table mixing with only females. Exception for Joel's wife. We all saw the man!!! Then we played cards and drank Anglia Shandy which KY stresses that the label read "mengandungi tidak lebih daripada 1.0% alkohol" so to gain our confidence in him to drive us home. The victim would be the passenger sitting beside him in the car. Exchange of goodbye and thank you greetings took place as we made our way out from the house. We were sent by Mr. Joel Lim Shyang Jun(our ex-chauffeur), Yik Sean and his parents. Very warm and welcoming people they are. Shandy withdrawal symptoms showing up. Queasiness and headache. It's just plain water mild boozing and partying so... urh head for the shower and bed. Total shut eye began at 3am. Timed to wake up at 6am. 3 hours to rest before the big day

April 20th - Hikathon(confession of the muscles sinews)
Father saved me from dying in my dre-.. nightmare, very horrifying. Left home at 7.10am to head for the battlefield, Youth Park. My comrade was Mr. Kang Chin Hooi. Donning the Hikathon attire; plus Saw DVD in my bag and Horlicks sweets in Hooi's pouch, we got ready at the Starting Grid, but not the front line. Flagged off at 8am sharp. Sweeeet... no one cheering for us(not even boys). The route was muddy and slippery but that didn't deter us from downtuning our pace. A few overtakings took place, we got the proud and great feeling when overtaking because it showed that we're faster and please make way for us. I gladly brand myself as the Uphill King as I have so much energy stored and efficiently combusted to retain the adrenaline rush when battling the arduous gradient of Bukit Cendana. On the other hand, I gave the title Downhill King to Hooi for he virtually teleported so much further from me and literally disappeared out of my field vision after he managed to overtake a handful of "tractors" and "steamrollers" who actually dragged us along behind a lot. But in the end, my ass cracked and released the chemicals "The Booster" and "I-Cant-Feel-Tired". Crossed the finishing line and was ahead of Hooi by 7 places. We clocked 1 hour 30 minutes for this approximately 9km stint. The time limit was actually 3 hours. So we received a certificate each for finishing on time. One of the winners was a 72 years old man. I also heard another winner which I thought was the best finished in 40 minutes time. Respect. Shandy Withdrawal resumed. Sorry to disappoint my friends(the JKJK girls) again... was invited to go watch their play at Dewan Sri Pinang, but I didn't go. At least KY went with Meng Jon. Still, I feel bad, I was always like this too. Turning down invitations is just me. More disappointments will occur I presume and ultimately I know it will hit back on me. Oh, here it is you can take a look at the brochure map for the hikathon, courtesy of www.pac.com.my
XD
Oh, yeah I don't know what happened to him. When I looked at him, he looked pale, cold and wet. He seemed to be dead. I was mourning after finishing the hikathon. I dismantled him and wiped him dry and let him dry under the sun. So disheartened. He is my mobile phone. Maybe my bottle spilled water in my bag or just the misty and wet condition during the hike up the hill. It didn't respond either. But 9 hours later, it woke up. ahh...relieved. But his face is clammy. ah...I don't have to tell you about him so much. For the time being I am using my spare phone so no problem. Not anymore. He's awake but his screen lights are a little bit blown.
XD
Alrighty, other than Roti Canai, I like... Donuts! I really liked them. ok I sound like a girl now confessing about his/her favourite stuffs. My super favourite is Dunkin' Donuts but I guess I won't be so obsessed with it anymore for maybe these few years or for life because erh... I had so much of it when I was not really in need of them way back in Genting last year. Hooi and I bought a box of 12 pieces to treat our friends but there was lack of team work. So both of us had to struggle to finish them, pity Hooi who suffered more than me. And then 2 weeks ago, this sweet girl whose name is Ms Tan Kai Wen(1/4 of the JKJK gang) brought KY and me donuts back from Dunkin' Donuts. I had them for supper. And tonight, I bought one piece from Queensbay, no not Missy Donut(not very good yet not affordable) but Jusco bakery. Eaten half, again it's tongue-job. Saved the other half for breakfast. ok, thats' all about me and donuts. huh..a lot of mentions of JKJK. Ok, let me introduce to you if you haven't know, JKJK gang comprises of two sweet girls and two unemployed Mister Universe-more-than-man men members. They are Janina, Kai Wen, Khang Yang(occupied already)and me(still single) the cold and cool one. And I'd love to copy some people's phrase(I am sorry if any of my close friends actually used it; I advocate the strong opposition on behaving like that but I have no right to teach you, your style ok), *Be Jealous.
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Ok again, I am kinda reliving my interest in listening to Limp Bizkit. Special thanks to Fred, Sam, John, Lethal and Wes for creating such mosh-pit music genre. So I hereby attach a video for your viewing and listening pleasure. I present you, Limp Bizkit - Rearranged from the album Significant Other. Enjoy dudes & babes.

No comments: