Tuesday 15 April 2008

3. Rockshow, Movie Marathon & Hair

Friends & Families
April 12th - Penang Free School Annual Sports Day
I hear the crowd's roar. I feel the wind blowing, caressing my jungle surface legs... I drip dry sweat.

...suddenly, I hear all the boys(no girls) started cheering for me. Ah, the adrenaline of standing away from your friends, joining the fearsome leggy runners alongside the gunman. I see the track lines under my feet stretched across the field of 100m distance. At the opposite side, I see... winning of the blaze of glory and losing of the hopes of my supporters ready. I , am participating in the OFA 100m race. OFA stands for Old Frees Association but I am not that old yet... Alumni of the school are considered Old Frees ok.

Alright, the story. My competitors were Dato' Syed Aidid who was a regular participant; Jashan, Sunder, Jonathan Easaw who were my class and school mates; and two other guys whom I didn't bother to remember their names. Seriously, my pride was having a nice time there. Running with the great ol' alumni of my alma mater in this inaugural event on the field that I once stepped foot on and spilled saliva and sweat to unceasingly contend for the podium that was my secondary school, Penang Free School.

Sucker Hooi who was supposed to run together with me backed out which prompted me to do so too. Only to hear the emcee announced that there are still a few places left for participation we wrapped our balls in iron and concrete to go register our names. To my dismay, there was only one spot left and it took me 30seconds to decide whether to back away together or let the solo balls rise. So I alone participated.

There was a photographer who took the picture of us together, Old Frees runners before we get our foot ready. As the gunman pulled the trigger, I felt a squall hitting me and everything seemed to feel like we're being sucked into a vortex of time-defying speeding object and so we leaped into the start. What did you witness in the 15seconds? My 15 seconds moment was silent and focused on working the adenosine triphosphate(ATP) to provide explosive energy but it seemed that in the last 20m I was betrayed by my mitochondria my cheetah-like thighs suddenly turned into crispy golden brown KFC drumsticks. So, I even lost to Dato' whose age is around his 50s'. No regrets dudes and babes. What a surge of honour I felt after running with these people. I then shook hands with Dato' and another guy. Dude, I am in the same league as they are in; the league of people who graduated from Free School. It was really pure fun and enthusiasm. If time and schedule permits, I will in the future(which starts next year) participate again and try sign an agreement with my beloved muscles to avoid "body treason", at least to win top 3(to make up for all the losses during my time in the school).

In short, I won. Guys I won the last place. Just to add, Sunder and Jashan were my friends from my primary school too and I knew Sunder since Standard 1(7 years old). Really, a wonderful experience.

Here is the link, http://picasaweb.google.com/gloface/PFSSportsDay which hosts the photos Eiven took on that day. Spot me if you know how I look like in sports mode.

April 13th - Overnight at Ye-Wheen's
The people are me, Hooi, Jonathan, Meng Jon and Khang Yang but the latter two didn't stayed overnight at Ye-Wheen's due to their good habit of wanting to sleep early. Jo Shua was supposed to join too but he was no where to be seen and heard. So the entertainment agenda goes like this:
  • Watch movies
  • Play guitars together
  • Molest YW's Jackson Dinky electric guitar
  • Have minimal sleep
  • Wake up high
The first show was Ghost Rider on channel HBO. Jon wanted to watch so badly only to experience old television hicoughs, the television just suddenly shut off its screen and went... ah, it deserved YW's harsh beatings(violent and laughable). While watching, we played guitar. We jammed. We taught each other. We tested each other. Damn YW's guitars are all left-handed so we had trouble playing with them. Next, Khang Yang and Jonathan appeared. With food bought from McDonald. I ordered Fun Fries which I wished to pay but in the end, they went into our stomach for free. Oh, yeah, football time. Arsenal scored. Arsenal blundered. Manchester scored penalty. Half time dude. Me, Arsenal fan. Hooi, Manchester fan. Then, Khang Yang and Jon made their way to the exit. Left us early at 11.30pm. Later, we went downstairs to try out the loud speakers system to amplify the electric guitar. It worked. So it was a midnight 4-persons-one night stand in the living room blasting clean shreddings from YW's fingers. The silly system which is not built for electric guitar kept losing signal so it's kinda potong stim when the speakers suddenly went mute. YW left me playing it there while he and the rest went upstairs back to watch Saw III. I could hear the screams of fear and pain(from the movie). Hooi came down smiling to announce the loss of Arsenal to Manchester 1-2, he was actually retreating from a scene of a man being punished by the pain -in -the -pancreas -mandible -hooking -flesh -tearing -muscle -rupturing -trap which John Kramer set up. I joined them a few minutes later.

So the movie marathon for me started. Hooi and I watching Saw III the second time. Bloody. YW enjoys this kind of movie in a different way. I will grit my teeth and clench my fists and feet when I see ligaments and sinews being twisted but YW will laugh and comment, "it's so funny". Next movie was at 2.30am. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo. ok, we are straight gays, eh I mean straight guys who are still sane and heterosexual. So, 4 of us had a fun time watching that movie which catalysed a few mild erections, admit it dudes.. mild nudity prevailed. The ultimate aim and objective of the whole overnight plan was to watch Saw IV together. It was a movie premier for YW, Hooi and me who are avid Saw movies supporters. I don't know, now looking back I didn't feel that the movie was too exciting and its story kinda ended so fast. I think we were sleepy already at 4am and the movie ended at 6am so our brains were not being stimulated actively. Bed time. One hour later at 7am, Hooi, Jonathan and I woke up, packed and got ready to depart. Goodbye.

In short, we had fun and close-to-nil sleeping time.

April 14th - Monday
After leaving YW's house, I went for breakfast. Ahh, I went to Argyll Road to have Roti Canai. Roti Canai is my favourite food for your information. Good place to go too. I think the last time I went there was 10 f*king years ago when I used to visit Doctor Wong in his clinic two shoplots away. The RC was so crispy and tongue-job tasty. And then I received a call from Universiti Kuala Lumpur, thank god and the people I was called for interview on this coming Thursday. This is for admission to the Malaysian Institute of Aviation Technology(MIAT), any comments? Next destination, Passion Hair Studio. Haircut, babes. RM21. So far I spent RM6+100+5+35+21=RM167 for haircut since October 2007. No more until September I guess unless weeds grow or discipline calls for it.

My hair was this "seducing", see it here
.


Later in the day, I started typing this post. I also had one my earliest sleep in ages at 11pm. Continued this post the next morning and finished. Kinda
stressful, writing this post heh..just fun.

aha, I have something to share. I would like you to check this out. Only some people will know how to enjoy this or able to find it great. Guys, check this out: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=s4q3p_o8A6g&feature=related

He is the guy who inspires us on guitars and life. His fingers break speed limits and his brain in making music is just awe-inspiring. He is none other than Buckethead.

No comments: