Monday 23 June 2008

20. Pangea, Global Peace & Forsaken Love

Stress-Talk
[STRESS finally touched down with some thoughts to stress]

It's been almost a month or so since I write a value-added post and this post was in drafting ever since. I don't really think it's any special or impact-driving writing. Precious and productive moments are required in the process of a decent post. Not any near dawn time or in a rush to the bed moment. Yes, this paragraph is written with my rectum very urged to let out a volley of mashed digested by-products...sorry, being too detailed. A moment please...

So as the title is concerned. Pangea. Our Earth. The Mother Earth. The land. Our land. Our world. Our life. A world without borders and boundaries. No segregation. No discrimination. No intimidation. No colonialism. No terrorism. No bloodshed.

Peace. What is peace anyway? What defines peace. What defines war anyway...so what we see everyday now is war..does that mean the neutral state or the zero position of balance is "war". So if this "war" fluctuates(either go positive or negative from the zero position) to "peace", is it good? Have we experienced peace? Or peace rather just means no war. But there's still competition right. There's terrorism like bank robbery and riot in demonstrations. Peaceful? Or let's say everything becomes "good" and "positive", will the human race continue to be productive? When there is no fight, no competition, no striving to be great, no hunger. Eventually, a cycle continues its circle. One feat followed by another and one exploitation followed by mutiny and a scarcity followed by a fight in the market.

I have this discussion with my friend about our world without animosity. He believes that we will all someday achieve peace and when that time comes, everyone is "smart" in the sense that everyone does their own good deed and not meddling with others' property so everything is kept clean and pure. I don't know but in my head(plus prophecy heh), I believe that a cycle would eventually prevail. I always believe everything is a cycle. I study Science too. In this Law of Entropy, it is stated that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. www.entropylaw.com states, "Entropy (the subject of the second law) and energy (the subject of the first law) and their relationship are fundamental to an understanding not just of physics, but to life (biology, evolutionary theory, ecology), cognition (psychology)".

It's a flow. I'm not sure either (or I haven't read about it) on how the energy of this life got started in the first place. Big Bang? heh. So in my opinion, if everyone is "smart", I think there would be no advancement or improvement as there is no drive and no some sort of energy flow into something greater. It's proven in this current human evolution that pride and greed exist. So the cycle will make its turn.

That's a minor digression but it holds a little truth and facts for the whole topic here.

You can read this post in parts over days time. I don't want you to get bored or to have no interest in reading especially if you're just looking for an easy-reading.

[The song in my filefactory Tainted World is dedicated.]

Pangea. www.answers.com states the meaning as a hypothetical supercontinent consisting of the whole land area of the globe before it was split by continental drift.
The Pangaea [taken from www.answers.com]

I would say, I would not be this lucky to come across this word and meaning by myself. It's Mr. Wei Tong who out of nothing and at one night he started disseminating this video from youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfXlISY6L0 on Pangea Day. So, this whole pangea thing is worldwide spread and it even has a day to be celebrated over.

My mission here is to continue Wei Tong's effort to bring this part of truth of life into you readers.

I will hereby write out the excerpts from this video, primarily the messages from the key people who gave speech.

"You and I, all of us are members of one family. We are sisters and brothers and we're going to sink or swim together." ~Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

"Our modern world is divided by borders, injustice, fear, mistrust, violence, poverty..."~Narrator

"I've also seen the possibility and power when people choose to overcome the impulse to dehumanize the other. I have witness the power let's call it the Pangea Principle when even for a few minutes or a few hours human to human contact can triumph when people to people diplomacy can cut through and show our leaders and all of us what is possible and that there is another way."~Christian Amanpour, International Correspondent CNN

"My late husband loved to fly. And one night, when he and I were alone in the plane, he pointed down to glittering lights separated by shadows below. He said there's Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Israel even Egypt... so close. It's only natural that we should be one community living in harmony together. He knew well that our borders are our own creation. The lines we draw on maps are not drawn on the Earth that he could have imagined in modern day Pangea like today where we're all clustered together in harmony like these glittering lights on this small and fragile planet."~Queen Noor of Jordan

That much only I am able to script it out. Not much anyway, I just kinda go over the edge and the top to bring this topic a little bit edgier with a tinge of philosophy talk in this post.

There's these few videos which I find VERY interesting. Science stuff. If you are a tad curious then you can visit and watch them. Only less than 5 minutes long videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1oza6jybOA
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBAbD8bhoM&feature=related

"You are a part of the great divide, the chosen, or the frozen; Now you're miles away without an egg"~Corey in the Stone Sour track, The Frozen.

[The song Ebony And Ivory is dedicated.]

Love for the earthlings.

We are all sons n daughters of Earth. My belief. I don't care if your god is my maker or my god wants to destroy your god. My father and mother exist from this Earth. They call him/her Mother Earth. I am your brother. You're my father, mother, sister and brother. Alright, if you don't like, we're cousins. So there is love, everywhere.

And I always ask myself and sometimes express doubt to my family members on what is love. Their answers are questions like, "do you miss us when you..." " do you think of us when....." "do you long to ....." etc. I recently gave in to the bottomless quest for the answer, i kinda got drowned when i could not fathom any greater. But then I seek my own answers. I found the little truths unbeknownst to me all this while, that in this great divine of love there lies bond and attachment. You know right, we're all mostly grown up enough to understand this. Hopefully you would if you hadn't. Examples are like I don't bother about my fish but when it started to grow unhealthy or eventually it dies, I would weep and mourn for it in sadness. heh.

There's this another example from a Hokkien movie still showing in channel NTV7(Malaysia). This grown up orphan who had her parents abandoned her at young age hated her mother so much when she returned to claim her back as a daughter. She doesn't want to recognize her as a mother, she ignored her and she ostracized her. But when she found out that her mother was in the hospital, she started to regret. And then someone came to tell her that her mother just passed away. She suddenly broke down and cried. In no time, she rushed to the hospital crying out loud for her mother only to be chasing a van down the road transporting the body to somewhere else.

[The song Eternal Silence is dedicated.]

So love is in the air. Love is even in hatred. An opposite to my light/happiness and darkness/sadness principle(where light prevails from darkness, there can be no light if darkness in the first place does not exist). If I have time, I will write on this happiness and sadness principle of mine in my point of view. It's related to the neutral state or zero position theory of mine. Comparable to Mathematics' Integer topic.

These are a few posts that Stresser had written in his younger days, few years back using Friendster blog. They are See What People Care About You(And A Lil Peace), War And Peace, Civil War and Psychological & Physical Destruction. And so that kind of posts will be revolutionized here from now onwards.

Symbol of Peace and symbol of F* Away.

Some people are still good, some people are stressed and some people are ignorant. As you know, we are facing a somewhat tight and tough period with the economy. Inflation. High demand. Low supply. Depreciation. The most significant being the hike in the price of fuel. I am really hit by this, ya know. I don't have any income I don't pay for the fuel I don't own a vehicle but I drive my mother's car and looking at the fuel level drop so significantly fast as if the car drinks fuel like water. And ya, the metre and price at the petrol station as you insert the nozzle into the refueling chamber and pull the trigger. RM2.70 per litre. RM70+ for a full tank pump of 26litres. I have paramount passion in driving and flying you know, and both activity eats petroleum.

So back to topic, with this bad time with our wallets some people actually manage to control the price and bring in smiles and true service to their customers. Some the other way but they are not at fault. I have this experience with a chicken rice stall near my home. Price of rice is also out of control. She actually manages to keep her cool and still being able to offer complimentary add-ons or give discounts. And she's super busy chopping the chicken with the sharp cleaver. Let's say I'm not relating this to the economy. I'd say this is good customer service and true Malaysian hospitality that the whole wide world has boasted of.

I like this quote in which God said, "Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. And prepare your future without fear". I forgot what this got to do with my Global Peace topic here. The reason something shouldn't be left in draft for too long...

So, back to land and sea.

Earth Temperamental Crisis.

A month ago, our Earth saw Myanmar devastated by Cyclone Nargis. So many lives were lost and homes were brought to their rooftops on ground zero. Just not too soon enough, massive earthquake shook Szechuan in China and that's far from over, there were aftershocks which were just as destructive as any earthquake. huh. Angry Earth, that's what I call it. Like scaps off the Earth's skin layer dry enough to shed. Global warming.

Terrorist threats. Supposedly "goodwill force" threatening to intervene in others' administration, power struggle and security. Bombings in Iraq, far from any ending. wth political struggle and fight in Malaysia. Teenagers' angst-ridden massacre at schools. Social divide. Outdated culture civilisation with non-scientific beliefs which is causing the AIDS/HIV spread unstoppable. Horrible, I read one news that aid workers who were sent to provide relief to famine, poverty and broken homes were committing sexual crimes onto the less fortunates, who were as young as nine. That's called humanity, the range of inhumanness.

There's also the nuke war. No, you're not allowed to use them nuclear bombs anymore. So many countries now are investing in these weapons of mass destruction. And there's a country which used it back in the WWII and they advocate on not making them but they themselves have a great storage of them. Yet they are going all around the world threatening to dispose off diplomacy cut off economy ties and declare "I don't like your country" to the others who research and manufacture. Nuclear bomb only looks good in the movies and games.heh

[Cranberries' Zombie track is dedicated.]

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjSHazjrWg
Cat Stevens - Peace Train

He's converted already and now he is Yusuf Islam, singing the same song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7wEctHyuc0&feature=related

Music has another purpose huh. It could educate and serve people's faith. Music is very powerful. I'd claim god is music. music is god. heh. Yeah, people do make a change either through or by music. Some people go to the extreme. Some people use it to convey messages. Superb impregnable form of expression. I'd say, music is sound. We use sound to communicate like we use our mouth to talk. So music to express. NOT NOISE(if u play Westlife/Beethoven/Ricky Martin/Nelly Furtado simultaneously u get Rock genre, and people label it as "noise").

If you have like so much time like around 45 minutes of free time, you can watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgCdn8I8kU&feature=related

Blend of faith and belief.

You can feel the reason. The true conscience behind faith. The real purpose of one embracing a religion to gain faith and show thankfulness. This is not anymore the era of the crusades where people fight to spread religion. Wake up. You can have 100 million people of a religion but do you people do or practise the right thing? I found that the key is love. What's the point of being one in a majority with the aim to eradicate the other minority. Survival of the fittest does not apply in love, at least to me. (ok dun consider dating a girl or mating ok..that's a bit different)

In one of Yusuf Islam's spiritual songs, he sings "How great the beauty of the Earth and the creatures who dwell on her" in God Is The Light. How beautiful we are only to be polluted by our own deeds. It's just a matter of realisation. It's either we insist on doing it wrong because we know it's not right but it feels good or we take time to open our eyes, as a matter of time.

I still stick strongly to Buddhism principles(but I don't perfectly abide by the precepts). My aunt is always my source of information and knowledge on this religion. I've always been very interested in principles ever since my grandfather's soul departed from his body. I have this book which i want to continue reading(but it's a bit boring in the way the stories are being told) that is Dying To Live: The role of Kamma in Dying and Rebirth. Sounds interesting? The unattainable answers are being told in this prophecy-like teaching using stories and excerpts from Vinaya Pitaka and Abhidhamma Pitaka. Sounds familiar? Yeah, hell.. they were mentioned in the Sejarah higher secondary textbooks.

So...Alright...Finally...The end of some scribbling.

Trying here to unclog and release most valuable thoughts kept in my head because time is running out. The clock doesn't stop for us to make decisions so we just have to move on and live with it. Lest the future holds no spare time for me to connect to you interested and interesting readers.


[The songs For The Love Of God and Home Sweet Home are dedicated...]


2 comments:

EMC said...

wah dam long u can write... my first long post take how many days to write d...haha..
eh? eurasia?? m i from there? haha

Anonymous said...

waha..rome wasnt built in a day. a few hours a day will do. haha