Sunday 5 July 2009

73. Fun & Blaring

Review
Take more than one amplifier. Or add at least one Hi-fi system if at home.

Get more than one cable. 1 electric guitar cable is sufficient. The rest you just need any matching cables/slots or either get adapters if you have differently matched plugs and slots.

Method 1: (What I did)
-Connect Guitar to Amp. And then from line-out(in my case, the headphones slot) to Hooi's Amp. Tadaa..You get two amplifiers blasting your playing.
-It's just fun stuff. This is actually super ultra mega basic setup for effects and amplification.
-Amps are basically pre-amps with speakers. The pre-amp setting up the tones and how you sound like and then go to output by speakers. Simple.

Method 2: (Which I could do)
-Connect Guitar to Amp. Amp to Hooi's Amp. Hooi's Amp to Hi-fi. Jeng jeng jeng..You get triple amplication. I can get my amp's tone out by itself then it's filtered in Hooi's and add his tone adjustments(also can be heard by itself) and then boom boom through the Hi-fi, which is also filtered and get the hi-fi contouring.

Wait. wtf. I just realised..Am I even writing a true thing..Wait...Did I really get two outputs through my own amp and Hooi's amp. Because if you line-out output through the headphones slot it should actually mute the speaker and goes to the headphones/other devices.

WEIRD. I thought I heard that day trying this out, 2 amplifiers blasting my AC/DC riffs. WTH

But anyway, if you could just find a line-out slot that would just do the connection fine. Like how people add speakers or line-out to the whole concert hall speakers. hmm...provided it's not muted by diverting the signal away. Funny. I've got my facts mixed. Will test the method again. Will be updated.

No comments: