Thursday 30 April 2009

62. Satisfaction + Sound Check

Personal/Ideals/Review
This is called a 2 in 1 posting. So everything's fine up till today. So far so good...
Huh...Arsenal lost to Manchester United 0-1. I was so tensed during the whole match..plus shivers sent by the midnight wind. Next leg, May 5th. Will Gunners step up?

So, it's good. I've been a good boy recently. heh it sure does feel good when you managed to complete tasks either at home or school. Accomplishments do always come with a reward, the most basic being satisfaction. ooh.. I will dedicate this time to some of my new daily activities. With added spice..

ya noe, i feel accomplished/great doing..
-wake up early (sleep earlier)
-jogged the neighbourhood
-have a hearty breakfast (nutritional)
-start efficiently on revision/study
-walked out to stock up on home food
-cook meals
-clear up the heap of laundry
-ironing
-cleaning the toilet (at least it's sparkling to my short-sightedness)
-have satisfactory fulfilling dinner while enjoying cuci mata
-abstain from regular self-entertainment
-play the guitar for at least 2 hours....huh
-found many good rock/metal classics
-read news and articles regularly (Yahoo! and theStar Online)
-etc

ah...that's not all. I also derive satisfaction from discovering new knowledge. When you're curious over a particular subject you go on to research and cross-referring until you achieve a self-understanding with it.

But I continue to fail in performing these simple objectives:
-clearing up the email inbox
-start reading my books (apart from studies)
-.....

Nothing much anyway..after this week there will be 3 study weeks left. A week of study leave will follow. Then some serious groin-massaging 7-subject busting exam.

Time for a review moment. This is the headphone I use everyday for orgasms through listening. No..don't get it the wrong way.heh
Altec Lansing AHS502i

My brother bought it for me some 2-3 years ago at around RM50. I think the price is still around there. Good reasonable price for a great handphone, but not top-notch of course.

Pros:
-Great surround
-Strong bass
-Clear and crisp treble, with good mid-range quality
-External noise-cancelling design
-Cool looks with a cool microphone

Cons:
-Bass overriding overall tone (overcome by adjusting equalizer through music player)
-Distortion at certain frequency and especially with too full sounding recordings (natural)
-Not so resistant to wear and age-foam pad gets its cover all cracked and torn after prolonged idling and dust accumulation (basically it needs care and maintenance)
-Definite shape of ear cups so they just press on your ears until it hurts and soars

It works well for me so far, in playing Ace Combat Zero where you get to hear the high definitions of the sonic booms, missile launchings and explosions plus wreckages airborne. Also, you get to experience almost real radio communication within the cockpit, "Bogey, two. Strike at will. Copy" or "I'm hit! I'm hit!".

And of course, essentially great for rock and metal music where clarity and feel are not compromised. You get the left and right or centre sounds accordingly. For movies, thumbs up as even someone talking behind the first-person is channelled accordingly so you feel too as if the person is talking behind you.

But note this, it's not top-notch product and it does not guarantee every fat high hopes of delivery of a good sound system. At my level of wealth and expertise, this headphone certainly satisfies me.

I will be saving up for either the next PC fair or a visit to Lowyat to get a 2.1 speaker sound system. I can't live on with headphones(deaf) and I can't bear with bassless missing midrange sound offered by laptop built-in speakers. heh.

As for The Rose (again), I stripped it again. Raunchy and bold looks.
Really considering fixing a humbucker to the neck pickup.

And thanks to Chong Yen's football blog post, I brought myself into the football wild scene again. Partly for the sake of competing against Hooi the MU supporter. Cheers.

2 comments:

Dr. Theorist said...

I WANT SPORTS CHANNELS!!! It's time to discard Disney Channel. No wait, I'll kick off NatGeo instead. ;-P

JaredT said...

i have none of them, babe. go out nasi kandar 24hr outlet la. Really got kick there...everyone cheering so intensely..