Monday 22 November 2010

99. So, I Ran

Personal
I'm 20. And I ran my first marathon in my life. I mean, half marathon hah.

Half marathon is 21km.

It's from Queensbay until some distance pass the midspan of bridge and then u-turn back up to some distance near E-Gate. From there straight up to the place where the run started as finishing line.

Gruesome. Grueling. Groovy. G...on the spot.

Pushing my own limits. Abusing my own feet as I pushed my soul harder. Never had this tough and long run before in my life. It was so mental. I had my heart doing most of the work by thinking of the support that I've had. emotional haha. I told my legs, "hold on don't give up you can do it". Sorry feet. It was a torture and nightmare.

I totally underestimated the route on the map and the distance in number.

It was endless as I saw the sea of heads and double the number, of legs heading towards blurry. It was so far that the cold, breezy and misty air had made a wall of clouding the vision of the journey. And then it rained god-like heavy.

I'm not sure if anyone caught me gulping the rainwater to drink. I think I was looking like goldfishes gasping for air. The rain played a very friendly role in cooling down tremendously my body to the point I didn't have to to keep going to the water station for hydration. Besides that, it's to be blamed for drenching my whole body. I threw away my socks halfway. It was a bad load soaking up so much water and kept getting rolled under my feet.

Push and push.

This is it.



It was uploaded into the Penang Bridge International Marathon website.

I edited just for my part. Courtesy of PBIM.

Ah Hooi's 2nd time running this big event and he did it in 2 hours and 41 minutes time. Kudos. We survived too.

More trainings on the way.


This is a picture of me with the finisher's medal.
X

Nope, haven't uploaded.

No comments: